- Started in 2013 with over 5,000 projects and incubated over 300 projects
- Pitch for innovative companies and entrepreneurs
- A high-quality and broad “Entrepreneurship+” platform that connects US-based innovators and entrepreneurs with international investors, corporations, and strategic partners
- Total funds: 1.8 billion USD
- Total award cash prizes: up to 300K USD
The pitch is free and open to the whole world and aimed at university students and outstanding entrepreneurs.
INDUSTRIES OF FOCUS
NEW ENERGY/ENERGY CONSERVATION
- We welcome both students and post graduates
- Be newly established team or the company was registered after March 31, 2019
- Have preliminary business model and business plan
- Have more than 3 core team members;
- Be independent
- Be able to pitch in Chicago V2V Summit (11/23/2019)
- North Europe teams are not required to pitch in Chicago
- With a company registered before March 31, 2019, and less than 5 years
- Has good business model and business plan
- Products or services address significant market needs
- In need of A or pre-A round of financing;
- Be original and innovative, with international viability
- Be able to pitch in Chicago V2V Summit(11/23/2019)
- North Europe teams are not required to pitch in Chicago
PRIZES AND AWARDS
11/23/2019 CHICAGO PITCH AWARDS
- Up to $1,200 Cash prizes or private sponsored trip to meet experts/investors in the United States;
- Participate in the sponsored trip for the final in China (From any U.S. city of China, including: round-trip flight, hotel);
- Media coverage and promotion;
- Expansion support services.
12/12/2019 FINALS PITCH AWARDS
- Grand Prize (One Team)：Cash award: 1,000,000 RMB；Office space: Free 100 m2 office space (can be registered)；Energizing gift: 7 Accelerating Packages；Total value: 2,192,000 RMB.
- First Prize (One Team) :Cash award: 100,000 RMB；Office space: 5 free office seats (can be registered)；Energizing gift: 7 Accelerating Package.
- Second Prize (Two Teams)：Cash award: 50,000 RMB；Office space: 5 free office seats (can be registered)；Energizing gift: 7 Accelerating Package.
- Third Prize (Four Teams)：Cash award: 30,000 RMB；Office space: 5 free office seats (can be registered)；Energizing gift: 7 Accelerating Packages.
- The most Innovation and Creative Prize (Six Teams)：Cash award: 5,000 RMB；Office space: 5 free office seats (can be registered)；Energizing gift: 7 Accelerating Packages.
- Honorable Mentions (Ten Teams)：Office space: 5 free office seats (can be registered)；Energizing gift: 7 Accelerating Packages.
- Entrepreneurship workshop：Provide systematic entrepreneurship workshops to discuss risks and challenges in entrepreneurship processes. Famous business mentors conduct one-no-one tutoring sessions；
- Investment and financing connections：Provide investment and financial services by the investment funds of Dongsheng Science Park and the partner venture investment institutions；
- Policy consultation：Provide policy consulting services, especially on returning students/professionals benefits, tax benefits, and foreign affairs;
- Brand promotion：Provide media promotion, brand promotion and other additional services, including long-term follow up and media reporting；
- Resources connections：Provide project implementation and commercialization services, such as organizing field visits to relevant companies and organizations, coordinating resource connections in capital, taxes, working spaces, local government policies, and so on in different regions to ease the landing of the project team；
- Office Space Support：Dongsheng Science Park will select 20 high-potential projects and provide them with rent-free office space for three months；
- Talent Recruitment and Development：Provide assistance in visa application and local living. If needed, provide recruitment service and talent development training.
KEY POINTS OF PITCH ASSESSMENT
The core team is stable, and the competencies are complementary and can support the business needs. The ownership structure is clearly stated, and can support the business growth.
Business Model, if any, including the profit model, is clearly described, and the corresponding Business Plan is developed with clearly defined milestone objectives and deliverables. For early startups, where the business model is still under development, the potential business model(s) is described and discussed.
Products and markets
The unique advantage of the subject product or service is clearly described, and demonstrated through application examples, if possible. The customers and market needs for the product/service are clearly identified. Potential market capacity of the product/service is analyzed, with anticipated growth rate.
Finance and risk
Financial analysis for the business is done, and the key business metrics are clearly described and discussed. Major risks for the business, including technical risks, market risks and financial risks are described with risk management and mitigation plans.
The innovativeness of the product/service or any aspect of the business is clearly explained. Describe any IP or potential IP developed so far.
Professor, Program and Clinic Director of Department of Orthodontics, University of Illinois at Chicago
Alan K. Hauser
CDx Precision Health Group | Strategic Business Development SVP
Louis Carter II
Founder/ CEO/ President / Chairman of Environmental Engineering Org, Inc.
Founder of Educated Ventures
Adjunct Professor of BI Norwegian Business School
Shawn He Yuxun
Managing Partner of NewLight Capital LLC.
Chief Executive Officer of Flayyre
ON-SITE PITCHING COMPANIES
Chicago Pitching Winners
Dr. Claudio Lim
Leader in advanced energy and telecom/IT
Founder in an energy startup with operations in 15 countries
Senior Data Architect and Manager of data engineering department
Social impact leader with recognizations
Manager in the next-generation sequencing lab
Global Senior Sales and Marketing Executive & Board Member
Founder and CEO of Mokuni LLC
Director for healthcare commercialization in the Technion
Jimmy Joseph Massaad
Head of US Markets and Innovation Challenges at Born Global LLC
Project manager in Beijing Holdings Limited
CEO, CMO, COO and CTO in several companies
President of a small hedge Fund
Founder and General Partner
Consultant editor of World Scientific Publishing Company, Fermilab physicist retiree